1. November 2012: “Rome<3!” First time running the streets of Rome. No looking back.
2. May 2014: Got Orders to Naples Italy for Shore Duty and I’ve just arrived for the next 2 years!
3. May 2014: One of the first weekends here and I was invited by a group of officers to go boating around Naples and the island of Ichia, YES PLEASE!
4. May 2014: My Italian Home! After only one day of looking, I am ready to settle with a quiet house overlooking the ocean. Now if only my house hold goods would get here..
5. June 2014: Boating Round 2, accept this time a storm springs up and we have to battle water spouts to get the hell out of dodge!
6. June 2014: One of my friends from Japan is on her way back to America and has come for a visit. We planned a weekend visiting both Florence and Pisa while staying in the Tuscan Countryside.
7. August 2014: I just met L, a friend of a friend in the Navy and she’s an avid camper/hiker/adventurist. She decided to take me to the Italian hills for a weekend of camping and relaxation on an elevated lake. BEAUTIFUL!
8. September 2014: All of the summer crowds have died down in Italy and I think it’s time to do some exploring in Capri.
9. September 2014: The week right after taking the ferry to Capri we decided to drive a boat from Sorento to Positono and then to the Blue Grotto!
10. September 2014: Off to Sardegna and Corsica for the weekend. There was diving, but I didn’t participate.
11. October 2014: Paragliding in the Abruzzo Mountains, and how you can do it too!
12. October 2014: Falling into Fall in the Abruzzo National Park, Italy.
13. October 2014: Celebrating 239 years the Navy has been in existence at the Navy Ball in Italy. Happy Birthday Navy!
14. November 2014: Tour of the Vatican in Rome with a best friend who was flying through! I believe you should book ahead for a much more stress free experience.
15. November 2014: After a tour of the Vatican, you can walk down the street to Castel Sant Angelo for a view of the city, and boy is it worth it!
16. December 2014: When your sister is visiting for the Holiday’s it is a good idea to take her to see the Christmas Lights of Salerno Italy. Not all of the light exhibits are Christmas based.
17. December 2014: Day after Christmas and we headed to Matera Italy to check out the Cave Dwelling’s of the Old Town Sassi. You might also recognize this city because it was used as a filming location for Passion of the Christ.
18. December 2014: Our next stop after Matera, Italy is a small town almost all the way to the East coast called Alberobello, known for their Trulli (or Smurf houses) as most Westerners refer to them.
19. December 2014: Pietrapetosa, a hidden gem in Italy halfway between Naples and Matera. Situated right into the Southern Dolomite’s and most famous for zip-lining in the summertime, it’s a must see if you are passing through the area.
20. December 2014: The Greek ruins of Paestum Italy. 3 temples more intact then the most famous Acropolis in Greece and there’s very few tourists there to bother you!
21. Sant’Agata Dei Goti, for a beautiful city and off the beaten path travel, it’s an easy day trip from Naples Italy.
22. January 2015: The Robert Burns Supper (A famous Scottish Poet) Celebrated with the British Military.
23. Taking a joyride to Italian Islands, best idea ever. I even got to fly the plane for a few minutes!
24. February 2015: Capua Italy, we’re headed just North of Naples to the arena Spartucus fought at during 73 BC. The same Spartacus that flees with 70 other captors and starts his own army to fight the Romans.
25. May 2015: Spending Memorial Day at the Sicily-Rome American Cemetery in Netunno Italy, remembering the fallen Americans during the Liberation of Italy in WWII.
26. May 2015: Steeped in Naval Tradition, Sixth Fleet has decided to throw a Dining Out with The Battle of Midway as a theme. You’ll have to click below to find out more.
27. May 2015: The SS163 or the Amalfi Coast Road, a dangerous route to drive but so worth the views along the way. Join us as we drive to Amalfi from Ravello, then on to Positano to spend the evening.
28. May 2015: Sentiero Degli Dei or Path of the Gods in English, this path is above the Amalfi coast road looking down to the mountains, hills, and towns. About 3.5 hours hiking, its worth every step for the views.
29. June 2015: How could you not be excited about driving freely through a safari park and getting up close and personal with the animals? Located at Bari Safari you’re going to love what this place has to offer!
30. June 2015: Biking all the way around Lake Como, 160km/100 miles, in only 2 days. Totally awesome! Felt very empowered at the end 🙂
31. June 2015: The Milan World Expo 2015 “Feeding the Planet, Energy for Life.”
32. June 2015: Chasing WWII relics with Dad! He’s come to Italy for a visit! Nettuno, Anzio, and Montecassino. Let’s talk about the liberation of Italy from axis powers.
33. June 2015: The Abbey of Montecassino, how this monastery up on the hill impacted the war and what had to be done to neutralize axis forces. This post has the facts.
34. June 2015: Decugnano Dei Barbi, a vineyard in Oriveto Italy. Ready for a wine tasting in a chapel and a look down into the caves at exactly how the champagne here is made (they do everything by hand).
35. June 2015: Civita Di Begnoregio, the city that is falling apart. In a world of technology this town has managed to escape world wars and the onslaught of social media.
36. June 2015: Night of the Opera out in the gardens at the Caserta Palace, Italy. Andrea Bocelli is performing and he’ll blow you away. Dad’s my date and we are getting glamorous for the event.
37. June 2015: A dear friend is leaving, headed back to the states for duty in Virginia and it wouldn’t be a party if we weren’t able to see her off in style. A pirate party spread across 13 boats off the coast of Naples Italy, we’re headed to Ischia, Procida, and wherever else we can get.
38. June 2015: Headed to Rome to see Mumford & Sons live this is a most exciting day for me. I LOVE MUMFORD AND SONS!
39. July 2015: Did you know that there are 2 countries located inside of Italy, both the Vatican City and San Marino. First stop on a road trip to Slovenia, San Marino.
40. August 2015: An extra day to spare we decided to boat down the coastline of Italy all the way to Amalfi to enjoy lunch. First time the weather and seas were cooperating.
41. September 2015: Sailing the coast of Cinque Terre, getting sea sick, hiking, and enjoying small Italian towns along the way!
42. September 2015: Headed out on a work field trip we’re going back to WWII and the Amphibious Landings in Salerno Italy during the Italian Campaign, standing at an Italian bunker on the beach and looking out to where the Americans came in to the dismay of the Germans.
43. October 2015: Back to Abruzzo Italy and this time to Civitella Alfedeno for a day hike… but some elk get involved!
44. October 2015: Headed to Rome for the weekend I convinced the guys to go biking with me on the Appian Way, Rome’s first road. We’re headed back in time to approximately 312 A.D. as we head past all of the ruins along the way.
45. October 2015: Trafalgar Night. Where we are getting together with the British for the 201th anniversary of the battle of Trafalgar, a great British Victory at sea.
46. October 2015: Whisked away to a Tuscan Castle for the weekend with 18 amazing ladies, there’s wine, great food, a library of books, and just an all around good time, don’t miss it!
47. October 2015: Headed to Bagnoli, Italy for a truffle festival, get ready to see how many different things you can make with truffles as the main ingrediant!
48. February 2016: Headed to Venice for Carnivale, we’re attending a masquerade ball. Come join the festivities!
49. February 2016: Road Trip! I’m headed North of Naples for some solo travel to 4 Italian cities, Siena, Montepulciano, Orvieto, and Orte.
50. March 2016: Headed to the Caserta Palace to bike around the gardens and take a grand tour of some of the rooms. With 1,200 rooms total I don’t think we could get to all of them, but we’re sure gonna try!
51. March 2016: L’Antica da Michele, the Eat Pray Love Pizzeria has all the feels and is one of the best pizzas I ever ate, seriously! If you are in Naples, you have to go!
52. March 2016: The National Archaeological Museum of Naples, Italy. Checking out sculptures, paintings, artifacts, and mosaics at the museum. A very interesting tour!
53. March 2016: Exploring the ruins of Pompeii and checking out the artifacts and pottery in the city.
54. March 2016: Sitting on the crater rim of Mt. Vesuvius in Naples Italy.