What an absolutely glorious weekend I had in the past two days.  There are so many times that I wish I could freeze capture instances in my life so that when I’m in a more upsetting place in the world, I can replay the best times over and over again like a loop reel on repeat.

On Saturday morning, I was up and so excited that I couldn’t even sit still. We were going Skiing, I was going to be on the slopes in a little over 5 hours, and I was going to have that feeling… the one with the quiet serene of the mountain calling to you as you feel you are separated from the rest of the world.

We were heading to Snowshoe WV, and as it so happens it was quite peaceful since AT&T was really the only carrier that worked within 2 hours of the area and everyone in my group had verizon wireless. I’m even more excited to be able to get rid of my phone for a few days and really just not worry about anything or anybody except who I’m with and the mountain.

When we arrived, the adrenaline and anticipation of the first run was emanating off of me and I was really focused on making it happen. We changed quickly, and I got all of my gear on and ready, I even wore my boots up the mountain.

We parked on the top of the world, or so said the sign, and we beeline for the first access to the trails. The first run was as magnificent as I had anticipated and so were the 20 runs after that. The powder was perfect, better than powder on the East coast in the past 2 years.

On day 2 when we got to the top of the mountain and started, we took a black diamond to the bottom. The day before, fog had settled down on the mountain and it was hard to see past the tree line. Now, this morning, during the first run of the day and the fog completely clearing before our eyes, the view became complete breath taking. I was in such a state of wonder tears were coming down my face and I had no idea how they go there. We spent all morning with the same wonderment stopping to take pictures at every opportunity. I had packed a lunch, and we sat and ate outside of the boat house right on the frozen lake. The conditions were perfect, the sun was shining, it was warm out, and the powder was excellent… it was everything I could have asked for to ski. I loved every second of it.

That evening, when we got back at the hotel, we jumped in the hot tub, relaxed, took a nap, and dressed up quite fancy for dinner. When we arrived for our reservation, we had to wait a few extra minutes so they walked us down the hallway to a study room with a guitar player and a bar, two fireplaces, rocking chairs and couches, and a view overlooking the slopes. I just can’t tell you how perfect it all was. We sat by the fire and drank a glass of wine and then we went and ate dinner, which was excellent as always.

Afterwards, we headed down the road past the village center to the Connection which was a “night club” of sorts and enjoyed a fun night of dancing and of course smoked a little cigar for the momentous occasion.

On Wednesday I leave for a month long underway, it will be a good time to relive the moments I suppose.